Startup Junkie is Hiring Two Interns for 2018-2019 Academic Year
Startup Junkie will hire two interns for the 2018-2019 academic year. Each paid internship will have approximately 15-20 hours of work weekly, and compensation will be based on experience and effectiveness of the candidate. Our open-concept office is located in the innovation district, overlooking the Fayetteville Square. We’re a serious group of people, who don’t take ourselves too seriously. We have a “give first” mentality and value honesty, hard work, and good humor.
Each position will help Startup Junkie further its mission to build the entrepreneurial ecosystem through educating, inspiring, and supporting entrepreneurs through consulting, events, workshops, and programs; and access to capital and talent. Specifically, these two positions will be responsible for a mix of the duties listed below.
- Event Production & Promotion
- -Create Eventbrite and Facebook pages
- -Create Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn posts
- -Create social media graphics (primarily through Canva or Adobe Illustrator)
- -Coordinate and confirm speakers for events
- Lead communications between parties involved
- Publish and ensure events are posted on public calendars
- Publish & Promotion of Startup Junkies Podcast
- Schedule Podcast guests
- Write show notes and iTunes description
- Publish Podcast through host site (detailed instructions provided, prior experience not required)
- Edit and publish monthly blog
- Curate content from Startup Junkie team members for monthly post
- Write and publish monthly client spotlight – interview local businesses and write a summary to post online
- Write and send monthly newsletter (executed through Mailchimp)
- Example: https://bit.ly/2v7wE8o
- Help create Google Ads
- Create targeted ads for Startup Junkie as well as Podcast
- Assist with planning and execution of Startup Crawl (September 14th 2018)
- Assist with planning and execution of Startup Weekend (October 19-21st 2018)
- Assist with planning and execution of Startup Weekend (April 5th-7th 2019)
Candidates can be either undergraduate or graduate students and should take initiative, work well in a fast-paced environment, and be team players. Candidates are expected to have a bias towards action, have a solution-oriented mindset, carry themselves professionally, and play nicely with others. Applicants must have prior work experience and be willing to work during occasional night or weekend events.
To apply for one of these two positions, please email Haley Allgood, email@example.com, and CC Michael Iseman, firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read “Startup Junkie Internship: First & Last Name”, and the email should include:
- An attached copy of your resume saved as a PDF.
- An attached example of your writing saved as a PDF (This can be a blog post, formal email, article, school paper, etc.).
- A brief explanation of why you are interested in this position in the body of the email. Less than 200 words.